Award-winning Comedy from Bombay to NYC
Alicia started dreaming of being a comedian at the age of eight. She graduated from Hampshire College with a degree in filmmaking and standup comedy.
Mentored by several brilliant comedians over the years, Eugene Mirman (Flight of the Conchords), W. Kamau Bell (HBO), and Bill Santiago (Comedy Central,) she’s been knocking audiences out (not literally) with waves laughter at clubs like The Improv and Gotham Comedy Club, in San Francisco in New York, Hollywood, Bombay, Chennai, and London.
After a dozen years of doing stand up comedy, she’s been racking up awards for her humorous, insightful one-woman shows. Sold-out hit shows and extended runs have garnered her shows “Best Storyteller” -Off-Broadway NY Solo Festival, “Best of the Fringe” “Best Female Solo Show”, -SF Fringe Festival, “Best Comedian” -East Bay Express and more. The SF Guardian called her “Goofy, messy, and fun!” The LA Theater Review says she’s “Charming, likable, and funny!”
The Oy of Sex is Alicia’s third solo show, preceded by Eat, Pray, Laugh!, and The Punchline, as well as a traveling circus she led which toured the country, The Latest Show on Earth Circus. Alicia is currently developing a new standup show and a podcast.
“I laughed till I cried. Brilliant writing and performing. She belongs on Letterman. Come see her so you can say you saw her before she was famous!” -Marsha Stevens
“Unbelievably genius. Very helpful for me in many ways, especially spiritually. I was amazed at every single line – her timing, acting, nuanced humor, profound points, the FACES she made! Easily as good as Eddie Izzard.” -Katie Darling
Alicia studied with Rob Reece of the Actor’s Studio for four years in his Diamond Heart Approach Method Acting Workshop. She’s into yoga.Awards and Praise
Alicia has appeared on NPR, The Wall Street Journal, San Francisco Examiner, San Francisco Chronicle, East Bay Express, The Lady Brain Show, J Magazine, BeliefNET, Elephant Journal, Elevate, Inspyr, Integral Yoga Magazine, The Mindful Word, Awaken.com, Taoish.com, and more.
- Voted “Best Comedian” -San Francisco Bay Guardian Best of the Bay Reader’s Poll
- Voted “Best Comedian” -San Francisco Weekly Best of the Bay Reader’s Poll
- Awarded “Best of the Fringe” -CAFE Arts Hollywood Fringe Festival
- Awarded ”Best Storyteller” -Off-Broadway New York Solo Festival
- Awarded “Best of the Fringe” (twice) -San Francisco Fringe Fest [twice, for two shows]
- Awarded “Best Female Solo Show”, -San Francisco Fringe Festival
- Awarded “Best Local Comedian” -East Bay Express
- “Pick of the Week” -SF Chronicle Pink Section, “What’s Hot Pick of the Week” -ABC News in SF